Visiting other cities as we make our way through hockey season got me to thinking what kind of impression each of our hockey teams might leave the competition throughout the year.
I have compiled another favorite list and I think you just might be able to relate if you are from around these parts.
“Top 12 ways they’ll know you’re from Trenton”
• You are probably sporting at least one of many items (probably from The Shirtery) that has our city name emblazed on it
• You probably have good hair and can speak intelligently on the attributes of practically any pizza franchise when planning the team party (since we are known for our salons and pizza).
• Your relatives live down the street and at least three generations have played hockey.
• You have a BUZZ calendar in the front seat of your car along with a recent Trib.
• You see a train on the way to the next arena and either start singing Kumbaya or have a total mental meltdown.
• You smell fries cooking and absentmindedly think about plans for the Mid-Summer Festival.
• Your car has a collection of THA, TBA and THS stickers from years gone by.
• Your team is well behaved and respectful in the hotels and at the arenas, except for the playful mini-stick tournaments and nonstop running in the hallways.
• You definitely have an opinion on any sports activity and at least someone in your family has been close or thrown out of an event for that opinion.
• You’ll take your kid out of school for a tournament but you will also schedule your teacher/parent conferences as religiously as your dental hygiene appointments.
• You ask if they will take your THA hockey voucher to pay for your hotel bill.
• You find a way to reflect in prayer if you can’t find a church in between weekend games. We could call it the T-bow, but I think someone else has already claimed that term.
Kathy Kane is co-publisher and business manager of the Trenton Trib. Contact her by email at email@example.com.